The idea was to do a bust of a Ghostie or something smaller that wouldn't take as much time as a full sized doll,...well it was a nice thought..., but after I did the bust I thought it needed a little something else, so I created the base from an old block of wood then covered it with vintage velvet. It still needed something more, so I took a mold from an old coffin plaque that said "our Darling" poured it in plaster, and added it to the front. I like that way it turned out, but felt it still needed something else, so I did the back drop for it from striped paper...it was kinda plain, so I thought it would look better to add a bit of theatrics to it. I photocopied some theater curtains from one of those dover books and hand colored them and added some details. It still needed something more, so I trimed it in the same old velvet as the base, made some curly decorations out of cardboard. I then molded another smaller "Our Darling" and attached it to the inside.
So my idea to create something that "wouldn't take me as long" as a full sized doll, actually took me longer to create than if I would have just done a doll! I never learn! Molly Mercy Jane,
succumbed to an overdose of poison Henbane!
She is in My Etsy shop if you'd like to take a peek!
I have a ball jointed doll that I had started, I hope to post some photos of it in progress soon.