Thursday, October 2, 2008

Witches not just for Halloween

I LOVE Halloween..and Witches! I'm one of those people that leave their halloween decorations up all year round..It's just part of my decor! Since the season is upon us, I thought I'd post one of the witches I'd done a while back. This is Hattie Henbane. She is a ooak doll sculpted out of polymer clay over a wire armature. She is handpainted with oils.
Her clothing was made using antique fabrics from an 1800's mourning dress combined with other vintage fabrics and trims. Her black cat "spider" is sculpted in polymer clay

Hattie is free standing..except when she is flying on her broom!

Hattie Henbane's favorite stew...
Lips of frog and first morn's dew...
Add 7 rays of Moonshine and heat by the sun,
Boil and Bubble till it looks done.
Stir it twice, than cook it some more,
Remove your shoes at the front door,
Pull up a chair...
Then let down your hair...
3 times slap your knees, and if you don't like it...
Call out for Chinese!

Dark Blessings, Gail

6 comments:

The Whimsical Goblin said...

She's Great! Her little cat is adorable too.

Stefania Morgante said...

oooohhhh..I love your faces, but tell me about the oil paints...are they the artist's paints? and the oil on the prosculpt?

Unknown said...

that face is to DIE for....cheeeeekbones!

Amy Short said...

She is faaaaabulous. I love her feet! Where in the world did you find a 180os mourning dress. Too cool!

:o)
Amy

Ulla said...

OHHHHHHHHH, You've joined Bloglandia, and I didn't even know! WELCOME! I adore Hattie, and her delightful spell! I'm adding you to my list, so I won't miss out on your special blend of magic!
Hugs

Johanna Parker said...

I love Halloween too Gail :) After you left a note on my blog the other day, I thought I would stop in to see yours..... Your work is very magical!... Love the witches, the ghosties and the faeries..... Beautiful work!

~ Johanna